It should be mentioned that simply making the bottom layer the current layer will cause it to be drawn above the other layers.... Just clicking on the Bottom layer tab at the bottom of the screen will do it. Then, if you want to see the Bottom Overlay, just click on that tab.

Generally, you can control the drawing order with the tabs. Whatever tab is chosen, that layer is rewritten. However, when the screen is redrawn, say by zooming out, a certain default sequence will recur. If the Bottom Layer is the current layer, nevertheless the Bottom Overlay will be written over it. If you want to push the Overlay down, clicking the Bottom layer doesn't do it. But if you click on Bottom Overlay -- which will make no visible change -- and *then* on Bottom layer, the Bottom layer will be written on top.

The behavior is actually pretty much what we want. Normally the Overlays don't conceal what is underneath enough to be a problem, and normally we might want to see the information on the Overlays, such as reference designator.

So you don't need to use the Layer Drawing Order tool, and good thing that is, what with the bug.