At 03:18 AM 10/22/2003, Dwight Harm wrote:
Most of the folks on this list are hardware people.  I've been developing &
selling software for 20 years, and I can tell you IT AIN'T EASY.  Delivering
quality software takes a lot of time and a lot of talent, which = $$$.

Let me say that I've been doing design, including some hardware design (but mostly just PCB design with the hardware being designed by someone else, i.e., a client's engineer), and the only time I ever took a bath with a quotation was when I included some software design. The hardware portion, I did just fine....

Of course, that was custom software for a particular application. Nevertheless, I fully agree that the software business is in some ways a very, very difficult business.

It is a very different business than hardware....