[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

LiveDesign is the embodiment of what we believe mainstream engineers will
need in next-gen tools in order to be able to develop their future products.

What all engineers need is a product that actually works. Those of us who have wasted our money buying DXP, then wasted our time learning it, and finally seen the light and gone back to using 99SE, will be hard pressed to justify trying anything that comes out of Altium, even if they give it away for free. Altium has a small window of opportunity left to salvage its reputation after the DXP fiasco, but it looks like they are more interested in spewing marketing BS to dazzle those who do not know better than satisfying existing customers.

It is right that there is a sucker born every day, but you can not build a business plan counting on selling only to suckers. You need to be able to sell to your existing customers and Altium seems to be specializing in alienating them. I have personally prevented the sale of 3 seats of DXP in the last 4 months. In each of the cases, the PO was already cut.

Hamid