Bagotronix Tech Support wrote:

What did you tell them to
buy instead of DXP?  Could they still buy 99SE, or did you recommend some
other brand?

When we do large product development projects for our clients, we deliver the board files only in Protel format. If the client wants to make changes in house with our support, they need to purchase Protel and we make a commitment to teach & support them. Over the years we have been directly responsible for the sale of several seats this way and indirect responsible for the sale of several more because after acquiring in-house expertise, the company decided to increase the number of seats.

As for the canceled sales, we struck a deal with one client for them to teach us their CAD system. In another case, the client is still trying to decide what CAD system to get, as we have made it clear that we will not be supporting DXP and understandably they do not want to buy a dead end product like 99SE

I don't mean to sound negative, but these issues are important, and I'm not
going to get excited over Nexar and LiveDesign until I see answers to these
questions.

Those issues are indeed important, but there is a more fundamental issue: Will the product actually work, or will it be a waste of your time and money? Considering Altium's recent history, you would be lucky if you get the point of actually having to realistically worry about the issues you mentioned in your post.

Hamid