Just an additional clarification Mike,

The book from the DXP class is nice. It's about 300 pages of what should
have shipped with the product. The class was 2 days and about 1400 bucks if
I remember correctly. My instructor was Matt Berggren and he's a really
great guy. The others in the class came from all walks... and each one came
away with something because Matt tried to address their specific needs.
I think it was worth the trip and it will save time getting up to speed.
(Plus, now I have this good reference material when I get stuck).

Many folks are using the DXP product and getting along with it... (go follow
the threads on the DXP forum and see what they are doing). I'm just an old
'dawg'... its hard to make me jump through the hoops unless there is a real
incentive at the other side to do it (like more productivity and less
hassle)... Since they were offering the discounts I think management was
more receptive to taking the step. If 2004 is all they say... it will have
been the right decision.

You are lucky you aren't having to deal with an older software package like
I am right now... PROCAD makes Protel DXP look like a walk in the park. But
I am getting better at it... it's a REAL pain. The things we do to make a
living... LOL

Bill Brooks
PCB Design Engineer , C.I.D., C.I.I.