Y'all
 I started this thread and want to assure all of you that 2004  works much
better than DXP. I too closed DXP away and never opened it again.     I
received the 2004 package  two weeks ago, have finished 3 designs.  There
are some minor bugs I have found, but overall I was up and running in two
days with 2004.  Library transition was not a problem either.   Once I
figured out what how the inspector worked, pcb design was as simple as
previous protel products ( with a few more added  clunky keystrokes)  It is
not perfect but the program seems to work well.    I agree with some of you
PROTEL 98 was good,  I think the best yet has been 99SE SP6. It took me
about 4 years to figure out everything 99SE had, I doubt if I will ever
figure everything 2004  has.  2004 is a different BEAST, especially from
DXP.     I wanted to thank the good fellows at Protel support, because the
support is also as good as ever.

Mike Reagan
EDSI
Frederick MD