Ray Mitchell wrote:

I've never seen this before. In 99SE (Win2K) I've created a schematic and am starting the PCB layout. When I double-click on a pad and look at the net attached to it, as well as all the available nets, I noticed that there are two of every net. For example, there are 2 A5 nets. Some of the A5 pads are connected to one of these nets while others are connected to the other, even though they all have the same A5 name. My manually going through all the pads and selecting, for example, the first A5 of the pair I can get all A5 pads to connect together, etc. Any ideas?

Yup, this is the out-of-sync synchronizer bug. I think you want to clear the entire netlist in PCB,
close all files and exit P99SE, and then re-open the DDB and files,
and then try to sync again. The worst case is to clear the netlist,
generate a Protel netlist in the SCH tools, and load the netlist.
But clearing, closing and the re-syncing may put it all back to
normal.

Jon