Mike,

I don't understand what I need to do to clear all nets. I told it to un-route (although nothing had been routed). From within the PCB editor I then told it to load all nets. It indicated that there were many redundant nets. I told it to execute and it proceeded to remove all nets and all parts. It's a good thing that the UNDO works! I've placed many of my components already. Does this mean I must redo all of that? If anyone can tell me the format of the offending portion of the .DDB file I'm not adverse to using a binary editor on it. This approach is probably way too complex for the average person, though, since it's obviously too complex for the Protel developers themselves.

Thanks,
Ray

At 05:29 PM 3/17/2004 -0500, you wrote:
Ray,

If the problem is not in your netlist meaning nets A5 are not showing up
twice:
you must do this to avoid double nets in PCB

1. Clear all nets,
2  Load the netlist
3  Connect copper to pads
4. Run DRCs

I am saddened to report this problem still exist in 2004

Mike Reagan

-----Original Message-----
From: Ray Mitchell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 2004 4:58 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PEDA] 99SE: 2 of every net name?

I've never seen this before. In 99SE (Win2K) I've created a schematic and am starting the PCB layout. When I double-click on a pad and look at the net attached to it, as well as all the available nets, I noticed that there are two of every net. For example, there are 2 A5 nets. Some of the A5 pads are connected to one of these nets while others are connected to the other, even though they all have the same A5 name. My manually going through all the pads and selecting, for example, the first A5 of the pair I can get all A5 pads to connect together, etc. Any ideas?

Ray Mitchell
Engineer, Code 2732
SPAWAR Systems Center
San Diego, CA. 92152