At 10:41 AM 3/29/2004, Mike Reagan wrote:
had a conversation with the infamous Dr. Bogotin,  I am sure you may have
read his articles.... on impedance control.   He always backs his articles
with the math.   He wrote to me "you cant argue when the math" .  He is
always right.

He's right there. You can't argue with "the math" because math never makes arguments. Rather math is used by people, correctly or incorrectly, to support elements of arguments. Math is rooted in assumptions. If the math is correct *and* the assumptions are correct, the *mathematical* results are strong. If not, not.

People who are completely certain are *usually* wrong, because complete certainty is normally rooted in ignorance of the true complexity and depth of reality. There is a form of certainty which is not like this, but I've never found it among the arrogant.