On 09:04 AM 14/05/2004, John Girvan said:
Luo,

Were the track and via meant to be connected? If so, then the gerber files
must have been adjusted during the manufacturing. Im not sure if im reading
the problem right.

I think that the problem is something like:
1) the track and via should have been touching
2) the track end was just touching the via sufficiently to keep DRC happy
3) etching tolerances or mechanical stress broke the connection on the manufactured PCB

There is no check I know that ensures a certain minimum copper width connection to a via, nor is there a check that connections are routed to the centre of a pad. I am not sure whether CAM checking (in Camtatstic) would be better able to check a marginal connection like this - maybe.

Ian