not exactly sure what your last sentence means - copper pours?

what is the purpose of the conversion?

we do the export as primitives with square ends

we generally delete most of the layers incl:
top, bottom, pastes, solder, keepout and more
in the course of deleting all of that the copper pours go away

this leaves the layers:
outline, multi, topoverlay, maybe something else

after deleting most of the layers we do an explode ALL
in acad 2002

i think (but am not sure i remember this exactly) that acad R14 needs
to do explode object by object
that would obviously not be acceptable

look around for a LISP program that will do explode all
in R14
there is something called BOMB and there are others
try
cadalog.com
for freeware lisp stuff

Dennis Saputelli

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Greetings the List,
>
> Our draftsman tells us that the multi-layer issue is not so much of a problem.  Our
> real problem, it seems, is that when Protel exports a drawing (regardless of whether
> it's in DWG or DXF format and regardless of whether it is exported as block or
> primitives)he cannot "explode" the drawing into a useable format.
>
> He is using Autocad 14.  Is there any way to export drawings in a form where Autocad
> can resolve it into a number of unfilled polygons?
>
> Thanx,
>
> Michael Badillo

Integrated Controls, Inc.           Tel: 415-647-0480  EXT 107
2851 21st Street                    Fax: 415-647-3003
San Francisco, CA 94110             www.integratedcontrolsinc.com