Greetings.

I feel that Altium Protel DXP is a wonderful program with an insane amount of
configuration capabilities, and is well-thought out in terms of integrating Schematic
and PCB design.

However, there seems to be one important feature that either I can not figure out how
to perform, or was completely overlooked by the DXP development team, and that is when
doing simulations from the schematic. It seems that in the schematic editor, there is
no provision for placing either voltage or current probes on the schematic as is done
in many other popular schematic/simulation packages.

For me, this is an extremely important feature, for fine tuning a design. Without this
ability, a lot of time is spent selecting nodes from a list, especially when it is
desired to display different signals each time a simulation is run.

The closest it seems that Protel DXP comes to this capability, is to place net labels
on the schematic, but this only allows for voltages. I can not figure how to do the
same for currents, and even if it is possible, it is extremely inefficient to do it
this way as opposed to just dragging a probe on to the point of interest.

Please, does anyone know of how to get around this deficiency in Protel?

Thanks,
Darren