I think you can do this with Ctrl-alt-h with the left hand and by Ins-Shift-P with the right hand while you stab at the space bar with your chin and peck the "6" key with your nose

or perhaps not

ease of use is not Altiums' forte, they add a feature, "hmmm...which key combinations have not yet been used

PH

From: "Darren" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [PEDA] Spice Simulation (V & I) Probes on Schematic?
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 22:54:50 -0600

Greetings.

I feel that Altium Protel DXP is a wonderful program with an insane amount of configuration capabilities, and is well-thought out in terms of integrating Schematic and PCB design.

However, there seems to be one important feature that either I can not figure out how to perform, or was completely overlooked by the DXP development team, and that is when doing simulations from the schematic. It seems that in the schematic editor, there is no provision for placing either voltage or current probes on the schematic as is done in many other popular schematic/simulation packages.

For me, this is an extremely important feature, for fine tuning a design. Without this ability, a lot of time is spent selecting nodes from a list, especially when it is desired to display different signals each time a simulation is run.

The closest it seems that Protel DXP comes to this capability, is to place net labels on the schematic, but this only allows for voltages. I can not figure how to do the same for currents, and even if it is possible, it is extremely inefficient to do it this way as opposed to just dragging a probe on to the point of interest.

Please, does anyone know of how to get around this deficiency in Protel?

Thanks,
Darren

Get fast, reliable Internet access with MSN 9 Dial-up now 3 months FREE! http://join.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200361ave/direct/01/