I'm getting ready to add a second monitor for use with DXP04 running on Win2k.

I'm hoping those with experience can guide me in the right direction. I'm thinking about adding a 15 or 17 inch flat panel as the secondary display to my 21 CRT. I thought the flat panel would be used for display of panels and reports while the CRT would be used for the editing workspace.

Here are some things I'm curious sure about:

1. Is this a good strategy?

2. Is my proposed mix of CRT and flat panel even feasible, and can the flat panel be set for a lower resolution than the CRT. If this is hardware dependant, is there anything special I should know?

3. I'd like to hear about multi-display configurations that work especially well (or don't work well).

JM