I have used several nVidia based cards with dual monitor setups.  My main
system has two 20.1" 1600x1200 DELL LCD monitors both on DVI and works
great.  Another system is actually a DELL laptop with a CRT externally again
both 1600x1200.

I also had some other cards that didn't support the same resolution on both
displays but worked fine.

All this under Windows XP pro and I have used DXP 2004 on these
configurations.

Once you go there though it is very difficuly if not impossible to go back
even for normal computing needs.

Chris.

BTW the dell LCD monitors regularly go on sale for around $800 not bad for
1600x1200 with VGA, DVI, SVIDEO and composite video inputs.