-----Original Message-----
From: Jon Elson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, August 05, 2004 11:40 AM
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: Re: [PEDA] Copy selection to layer

bob stephens wrote:

>I have an annoying problem in 2004. When I Update the PCB from schematic,
>all newly added components get placed on the top layer.
>What I want to be able to do is to select a group of these components and
>flip them onto the back side of the board. I swear I remember being able to
>do this in 99SE - or is that a false memory?

Oh, no!  Not false at all, I do this all the time in 99SE.  Select the
bunch,
double click on one, global, and move it to the bottom layer.

Jon

Yeah,

I really miss some of the features of 99SE. I find DXP/2004 a *LOT* less
intuitive. Another feature I really miss is the ability to trim or shorten a
PCB trace by some combination of shift/ctrl/click/drag which I forget. I
can't fathom why they would get rid of this very useful feature...

Bob