seems like this would be possibly a nice feature to optionally control
from the schematic and be fully automatic
if you didn't like the result you could
still muck about with the parts selectively

Orcad capture also has what i think is a new feature to v. 10:
a big spreadsheet type panel with all the objects across all the
sheets which can be sorted by their columns
and which can be used to globally
edit things reasonably simply

Dennis Saputelli

Ian Wilson wrote:

> On 03:07 AM 10/08/2004, Dennis Saputelli said:
>
> >Orcad Capture has a schem part field for TOPSIDE or BOTTSIDE
> >
> >is there a way in 99SE or P2004 to get the netlist to
> >dump the part on the indicated side of the board ?
>
> No, not automatically.
>
> You could use a part field (99SE) or a parameter (DXP/P2004) to indicate
> what side and then select and change globally - you would need a method to
> select components in the PCB based on what is selected in the Sch - can
> this be done in P99SE?  (P2004 has a command to select PCB components based
> on what is selected in Sch, it works for components selected on multiple
> sheets. I can't recall if P99SE has this.)
>
> A script could do the layer flip in P2004 (iterate over all components and
> flip any that are on the wrong layer compared to the parameter/part
> field).  Not sure if a macro could do it in P99SE, it may be able to but
> macro functionality is quite limited.  A server could do it in
> P99SE.  There are some tricks as you would need to deal with of course as
> the PCB components do not carry the part fields/parameters so you need to
>
> Ian

Integrated Controls, Inc.           Tel: 415-647-0480  EXT 107
2851 21st Street                    Fax: 415-647-3003
San Francisco, CA 94110             www.integratedcontrolsinc.com