This is a problem that crops up regularly in all versions of Protel. It is likely that, at some point in laying out your PCB, some primitive or component accidentally has been moved or placed outside your work area. It may even be on a layer that you have turned off, such as a mechanical layer used for notes or mechanical layout.

First use "turn on used layers" to make sure all is visible. If you can't see the culprit, try using "deselect all" then "select outside" and draw your selection box around the perimeter of your desired board layout area. Now use "shift delete" to delete all selected items. Whatever is outside the selection box should be deleted.

You can also try the same "select outside" and then drag the selection into visual range so you can delete it.