Jim wrote:

.....DXP is now moving toward it's 2nd birthday and I think most of us feel its not
nearly as usable or productive as its predecessor. 99se was showing its age in it's
lack of many high speed design features.

Jim
I would be interested in hearing one high speed feature that was implemented in DXP.
I have yet to find any.  I use both DXP and 99SE.  If anything 99SE has a huge
advantage over DXP with ease of use in the design rules menu.   Try to set up maximum
parallel rules between net classes in DXP sometime,  it becomes an experiment in
programming. Actually,  I found a bug in DXP that it doesnt support more than three
different levels of layer rules when exporting to a dsn file. This is hardlly a high
speed advancement.

Mike Reagan
EDSI Frederick MD