Mike- that was my point. DXP has not added or improved ANY high speed design capabilities. DXP is nearly unchanged from 99se. In fact, I'd venture to say that more capability had been removed than added.

The 99se high speed rules and length matching were an okay start when they were introduced many years ago, but I was expecting those features to be polished and additional capabilities to be added. That hasn't happened.

Here's an abbreviated list of what I need in the realm of high speed design:

* All nets and classes must have a skew length factor to compensate for the various in-chip lengths of different signals.

* Length matching must support series caps and resistors.

* Length matching parameters must include WIDTH (frequency?), not just gap and amplitude.

* The length matching amplitude parameter must be a maximum setting (not fixed) so that the length matching can reduce amplitude as needed to fit the zig-zagging within the available space around each net.

* Length matching must run in batch mode. Manually running each pass to add just one amplitude section at a time is ridiculous. Would any EDA vendor dream of making an autorouter that only partially routed each net before it had to be re-started (yeah, maybe Altium)? Ideally, the length matching would automatically regenerate (much like polygons) if a net were rerouted.

* Must have design rules specific to differential pairs.

* Must have Interactive routing of differential pairs (both nets are placed simultaneously with correct width and spacing per rules).

I could make this list much longer but these are the basics. These features could easily save me 20-30 hours per board!

There was an article recently pointed out by another forum member (sorry I don't remember who or when exactly) which seemed to indicate that Altium's CEO doesn't think high speed design features are very important (at least that was my interpretation). Given that, and the fact that DXP has added very little design capability to PCB layout, I am very rapidly loosing hope that DXP is a platform that I will be able to continue using much longer.

JM