when i save as ASCII in 99SE and examine the file
i don't see anything like what you show below re stack
i see records which are one per line
and when i search the file for either
'DEFAULTS' or '17800000'
neither is found

however saving the file as ASCII did appear to correct the component area
problem

so it does not look like the DXP to 99SE save back is exactly
seamless

Dennis Saputelli