Note that the protobuf-net *inside WCF* is going to be largely .NET/WCF
specific.

If you want to talk cross-platform, vanilla HTTP would be preferable, or
alternatively just transfer a `byte[]` or `Stream` in your regular
web-service tools of choice.

(note also: MTOM may be helpful if your toolset supports it at both ends)

If you are going HTTP, note that it is pretty easy to hook into MVC:
http://marcgravell.blogspot.com/2010/06/extending-aspnet-mvc-with-custom.html

<http://marcgravell.blogspot.com/2010/06/extending-aspnet-mvc-with-custom.html>Marc
(protobuf-net)

On 24 November 2010 10:54, mvbaffa <mvba...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a Flex 4 client and I want to make it talk to a WCF/JSON
> Service. I have read that protobuf-net fill the WCF part of my
> communication. I hope that some actionscript protobuf project can do
> the actionscript part.
>
> Sorry about asking this, maybe this is a basic question but I could
> not find in documentation the answer.
>
> What is the channel used by Protobuf ???
>
> - It uses sockets ???
> - How can I send information with Protobuf using and HTTP tunnel.
>
> Do you have any reference of a real example sending and receiving
> information using, including HTTP protocol.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Marc