'Jie Luo' via Protocol Buffers wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have uploaded the release candidate of protobuf-2.6.0
> (protobuf-2.6.0rc1) here:
>
> https://protobuf.googlecode.com/svn/rc/
>
> The RC1 has been tested on Linux, Mac, Cygwin, MinGW and MSVC (2010, 2013).
>
> Feel free to try it out.
> Feedback is highly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Jie

Hello,

I'm disappointed at the lack of resolution to issue #488:

    https://code.google.com/p/protobuf/issues/detail?id=488

This puts a big burden on the Debian and Red Hat protobuf package
maintainers, because we have to patch protobuf to make it compile on
architectures beyond the limited set of architectures that are
explicitly supported in src/google/protobuf/stubs/platform_macros.h.

--
Robert Edmonds