Sorry, my gmail was screwing up the groups nature of the thread and i
was getting confused.

I enjoy using prototype.js i find it very nice how it fluidly
integrates with the core parts of javascript.

However i need better performance that prototype can offer so i've
been forced to fork the library and improve it myself to get the speed
gains i require. I'm just trying to post my speed improvements here.

I fully understand the argument for premature optimisation. But for me
it, its late optimisation, really i needed the performance out of the
box.

For me, prototype is already stable and nicely rounded. What i need
from it is a lower memory usage footprint and faster code. the $$
upgrades being talked about in another thread are those kind of
optimisations i'm looking for (although i dont actually use $$)

I know prototype.js is the core part of the javascript for RoR, and so
it needs to keep in touch with the Ruby users. However for me, i tend
to find myself moving more and more away from any back end integration
and am now finding myself creating more standalone web apps, which
just transport data over JSON, so as the interactivity and the page
presence goes up i need the performance to keep up with me.