On 2/18/07, Martin Ellis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I fully understand the argument for premature optimisation. But for me
> it, its late optimisation, really i needed the performance out of the
> box.

Optimizing getStyle and setStyle methods would not be premature, but a very
welcome optimization at this point. But it will not be easy. I tried to do
it in #6696 and Marius took a different approach in #6705 (w/ benchmarks!!),
Tobie spent days on these two methods, and still they hold room for much
improvement.

Any optimization must preserve code readability and beauty (think
maintainability) and compactness of the framework.

--
p.s. Marius: about http://gfx.neohub.com/benchmark/t/isin.html ... holy
crap, this is damn sweet!! Your benchmark lib is growing? :)