On Feb 18, 2:24 pm, Marius Feraru <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Nicely said, with one possible amendment: "compactness" as in "code size"?
> I'd give that the lowest priority, "execution speed" IMHO is far more
> important than "download speed". After all, we're talking about "web
> applications", not "web pages" (yeah, I know, I'm a fscked-up evangelist).

It's absolutely not about how long it takes to download the JavaScript
file.  If that were the case we wouldn't use long, descriptive
variable names.

"Less code" is a side effect of the desire to stay DRY, and means
fewer opportunities for something to go wrong.  The end result is
simpler, more expressive code that's easy to read and understand.

--
sam