I'm getting more and more convinced that extra magic such as classMethods
and aliasMethods are unnecessary.  You guys are making some great points.
Keeping it simple is best.

+1 for sup() ... very low risk of naming conflict, and no ugly symbol (I
won't go a far as saying bad design, but it certainly isn't pretty)

For superclass and subclasses, what do folks think about prefixing them with
an underscore and making them "private", in the name of keeping the API as
simple as possible.  Do you think you'll actually use them if they are
exposed?