On 6/25/07, Adam McCrea <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> For superclass and subclasses, what do folks think about prefixing them
> with an underscore and making them "private", in the name of keeping the API
> as simple as possible.  Do you think you'll actually use them if they are
> exposed?

To be honest - we're not sure. In Ruby they are useful because of the highly
dynamic nature of the language and metaprogramming. JavaScript is also
highly dynamic, so it may be useful to be able to inspect objects at
runtime.

I sincerely doubt that people will need properties or methods named
"superclass" or "subclasses" in their code. But, maybe this feature is a bit
too much. We just don't know what the possible use-cases can be.