Mislav Marohnić wrote:
> On Jan 7, 2008 9:25 PM, Ken Snyder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Some ideas
> are shared with the community while some are kept private for further
> discussions among core members.

Why the secrecy? This is an open source project after all.

> So, the reason we don't share the exact
> roadmap to Prototype 2.0 with the public is because even we don't know
> the roadmap yet, and we don't want to set expectations and then break them.

Sounds an awful lot like the IE team's arguments about why they are so secretive
with IE development. If you want me to invest my projects, my development time
and that of my team (if I'm the decision maker) into prototype/SAU then why not
give me the information and confidence that I need to make that decision.

I understand not wanting to disappoint, but if you're open about the plans as
well as the reasons for failure/delay I'm pretty sure the community will forgive
you.

--
Michael Peters
Developer