I think rating system on Developer comments ala slashdot; keep reply
threads grouped together, but collapse lower rated replies to a single
line.
Syntax highlighting would be nice. Even better would be the ability to
hover/click example code and have relevant information display, like
what the syntax is for a particular constructor.

Prototype is bigger than all of us; we must ensure that it is
nurtured, made strong, and that it be the easiest library to learn,
use, and extend. Lest it fade into obscurity and become extinct.