> Yes, but we're moving away from it.

So a JavaScript solution would work now, and later (since I assume
you're moving from Mephisto to something else that *also* supports
JavaScript). If 301s work later, great, but if not there's a fallback
position.

A script included on each old API page that reads the current location
and figures out the new URL and inserts a prominent "This info is old,
go look here instead" box at the top (worded perhaps *slightly* more
carefully) sounds like a half-day project to do right. (It sounds like
an hour-long project, but you know it gets more complex and you get
into ito.) I have a half-day I can give it at the end of the month,
but not sooner, if that would be useful.

-- T.J.