@Chris,

It's a browser thing (too).  On Windows, Chrome, IE, and Firefox (at
least, didn't try Safari and Opera) all support it for zooming.

@tcupolo,

(I believe the feature is called "full-page zoom.")  Firing native
browser events is a bit tricky cross-platform.  Prototype doesn't
currently offer that feature.  If you do a search on it, you'll find a
number of pages about doing it natively; for instance, this[1] is one
of the first few hits.

[1] http://jehiah.cz/archive/firing-javascript-events-properly

HTH,
www.crowdersoftware.com