What is your price point and what are your needs aside from accessibility,
I/O[s tactile faders/controls preamps/channels quality of converters? You could
start off at about $600 with a Digidesign 003 or go all the way up to some
$10000 SSL units.

From: ptaccess@googlegroups.com [mailto:ptaccess@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Alex Coleman
Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2015 7:26 AM
To: ptaccess@googlegroups.com
Subject: Control Surface Recommendations

Can anyone with experience using a control surface with Pro tools recommend an
appropriate model?
Which ones provide the highest level of accessible interaction with Pro Tools
11 and/or 12?
If I go with an S3 or even a C|24, will I still need an Avid audio interface
such as the Omni or 8X8X8, or will the control surface itself serve as the
audio interface?
Or would an Artist Mix and Transport coupled with an 8X8X8 give the same level
of accessibility, but just with fewer I/O options?
Thanks for any clarification and pointers you can provide.
Alex