Hi Jason,

Well, this is just polemic... But anyway. If I export the scene to
povray, the camera will always be placed at the origin. If I then want
to add something to the scene that is defined in the original
coordinates of the pdb file, I have to apply the transformation
encoded in the matrix obtained from get_view to the coordinates to get
them in the view of the camera. That means the view acts on the
coordinates, and not on the camera. Otherwise, the view recipe would
have to be inverted. The main point is probably, but I'm guessing
here, that OpenGL has the screen as reference, which can be regarded a
fixed camera. The difference in speed probably arises, as for changing
the view, the OpenGL engine can apply the operations on the whole
scene, which is quick, while rotate (drag, whatever) changes
coordinates relative to each other, which is a per particle operation
and thus slow.

So much for the polemic part :) Related to this, it could be nice to
have camera objects (location, focal point, field of view, roll) with
paths between them :)

Cheers,

Tsjerk