Hi all,

I would like to see Pytables continue, and I am glad to see that there are
others interested. I think it would be a great idea to meet with everyone
who is interested with Francesc's lead and we can discuss how the governance
body functions. As Ben suggested, one way to do it may be to have a few
people to revise and commit the bug-fixes and improvements from the
community. And as Anthony pointed out meeting every few months is also a
good idea I think.

I just finished my Ph.D. and I don't really know how much time I will be
able to spare, but I am using PyTables for storing and manipulating large
geospatial datasets (think satellite images and numpy). So I have a natural
interest in improving and maintaining PyTables in that respect. But there is
a lot more that can be done with PyTables so I hope others can help with
what they are interested in.

I think it is a great idea to get together somehow with everyone involved,
and see what can be done. Is the users list the right place to continue
discussing this? I would like all users to be informed, but I don't want to
upset anyone by sending lots of emails. ;)

Take care,
batu.