This PEP was mentioned on python-dev at least at
https://mail.python.org/archives/list/python-dev@python.org/message/WQ64ZGBECFDIRO6DS7JN3NALYDJGPAAE/
 and
https://mail.python.org/archives/list/python-dev@python.org/message/YVSOOFLCBHPIA3HBL4L2BFBJENVHZDJC/.
 This was also covered by the PEP 596 discussion and
https://mail.python.org/archives/list/python-dev@python.org/message/Y4XFD7OW5J4ULITO2SSPAWSZ2L76UGMU/
 as PEP 602 was split out of PEP 596 and stated as such in that discussion
since the latter PEP did double-duty initially as the 3.9 release schedule and
changing the release cadence.

I will also say that
https://discuss.python.org/t/pep-602-annual-release-cycle-for-python/2296
received 84 replies from 22 participants and 83 replies from 13 people for PEP
605 at
https://discuss.python.org/t/pep-605-a-rolling-feature-release-stream-for-cpython/2418
 (the PEP 607 announcements never got replies anywhere from what I can tell) so
there was participation by folks.

When it comes to PEPs, people seem to have naturally gravitated to announcing
PEPs on the appropriate mailing list and then directing people to
dicsuss.python.org for discussion (specifically the
https://discuss.python.org/c/peps category which is open to the public). If you
consider that making MLs obsolete then I guess that's seems to have happened at
least when it comes to general PEP discussion.