On Oct 30, 2019, at 14:31, Łukasz Langa <luk...@langa.pl> wrote:

> Yes. This allows for synchronizing the schedule of Python release management
> with Fedora. They've been historically very helpful in early finding
> regressions not only in core Python but also in third-party libraries,
> helping moving the community forward. It seems like a bargain to make a
> slight adjustment of our schedule to help Fedora help us make 3.9 and beyond
> better releases.

It would be really interesting for the major distros to work together,
coordinating their archive rebuilds with the new/beta releases.  E.g. Ubuntu
might be ahead of Fedora, or vice versa, for any particular new Python release.
 Rebuilding the whole archive with the new version as default always uncovered
interesting issues.  It seems like we have a great untapped resource to find
good signals as to bugs, breakages, regressions, and other problems during the
Python beta process.  How can that be leveraged better?

-Barry