Can we simply revise the commit message to something neutral like "Removed
specific reference to Strunk and White in favor of generic urge for
language clarity."

That's all the change actually was; there's no need for the other debate or
broad political background.

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 3:28 PM Rhodri James <rho...@kynesim.co.uk> wrote:

> On 29/06/2020 17:24, Abdur-Rahmaan Janhangeer wrote:
> > Threads like these are meaningless, does not provide any learning
> > value and is nowhere near the single vs double quote thread.
>
> I'm afraid I couldn't disagree more.  Since the PSF has seen fit to make
> a political statement (re Black Lives Matter, and I don't particularly
> disagree with either the statement or the choice of making it), threads
> like these are both inevitable and necessary.  When such statements are
> made, it is generally a good idea to be reasonably sure that the
> community one is representing is broadly OK with that statement.  (I
> speak in vague terms because you will never get 100% agreement from
> anyone on anything!)
>
> The commit message that sparked this all was, quite unnecessarily, a
> political statement.  The threads have demonstrated that it is not even
> vaguely universally accepted, so it being in the PEPs repository (not
> just a PR, it's there, public, and effectively representing you and me)
> is a problem.  That it's still there now is pretty unacceptable in my book.
>
> --
> Rhodri James *-* Kynesim Ltd
> Message archived at
> https://mail.python.org/archives/list/python-dev@python.org/message/HP2NJGITNURNCP4XOSUO7Y65IUUIX6KM/

The dead increasingly dominate and strangle both the living and the
not-yet born.  Vampiric capital and undead corporate persons abuse
the lives and control the thoughts of homo faber. Ideas, once born,
become abortifacients against new conceptions.