On Mon, 17 Jan 2022 at 06:52, Denis Kotov <redrad...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > And that's why you need to do more work than arguing that in principle
> > C++ is just a better language than C.  We've been hearing that for 4
> > decades now (at least we greybeards have), and we've discovered that
> > for many existing applications, C++ may be better but the cost of
> > converting large swaths of C code to equivalent C++ that passes all
> > tests is too big.  Python may very well be one of them.
> > So if you're not going to do the work to demonstrate big wins from
> > using C++ instead of C in actual Python implementation code, I think
> > you're wasting your posts.
>
> I thought about it, but will CPython accept the PR for this changes if it
> would show benefits ?

We can't say that, no. The point here is that if you *don't* write
such a PR and demonstration, nothing will change. If you do, then
*maybe* it will get accepted, it depends if the benefits demonstrated
by the PR are sufficient.

The question is whether just having a *chance* of getting it in is
sufficient to persuade you to produce such a PR.

Paul.