Denis Kotov writes:

 > From huge codebase experience with C++, it does not cause
 > significantly better (1) Readabillity or (2) Maintainability on its
 > own compared to C

But that's not what we're talking about.  "Port CPython to C++" is a
perennial suggestion that gets rejected fairly quickly, as the C++
stdlib equivalent structures and functions in CPython are efficient
and well-tested.  I don't know much about Rust but I know that some
core modules have already been ported to Rust.  Since core devs, with
a specific reason (security, it's crypto stuff) to move away from C
are involved in that effort I would guess that movint to Rust is far
more likely than to C++.

The point of C++ standard support level is linking CPython to external
codebases using C++, and at least for the standard CPython currently
supports, the C++ ABI is specific to each compiler and version (for
some compilers), right?