Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> The point of C++ standard support level is linking CPython to external
> codebases using C++, and at least for the standard CPython currently
> supports, the C++ ABI is specific to each compiler and version (for
> some compilers), right?

Yes, C++ ABI is specific to each compiler, but it is not a problem, because you
will anyway recompile CPython for each compiler !!
Also g++ and clang++ has the same C++ ABI !!

Usually people say that C++ not fit in CPython not knowing C++, it is common
thing in psychology:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_know_that_I_know_nothing
https://medium.com/@cogitality/the-dunning-kruger-effect-a-paradox-that-doesnt-apply-to-me-e48de7b3f77f

Lets consider the advantages of C++:
1) C++ has objects, Python has objects, C do not have objects (struct is not
object in term of OOP)
2) C++ has templates that allow to generate for free function specialization to
improve performance
3) C++ has move semantic and switching to C++ you have move object for free !!
4) C++ has RAII (equivalent to CPython __del__), that works the same way to
5) ...

and so on ...
... but i will not convince you because it is also another psychology stuff, if
you what to believe in something, you will try to find evidences for proving
your theory, see also:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUzGV4F7He8

Please, to not take it personally, i just shared my thought about all of this
discussion ...

I just optimistic all my life that is why I try to impact, even if it is almost
impossible )))