On 2022-06-20 22:54, Chris Angelico wrote:
You are welcome to dislike the PEP on the basis that the existing
language is better than it would be with this feature. I personally
disagree, but that's what opinions are. But to object on the mere
basis that something MIGHT, despite demonstrated evidence, be better?
That is unfair and unhelpful.

Again, I disagree, and I think that stance is unreasonable. There is nothing wrong with saying "Let's not do this. Instead let's wait and explore other ideas and see if we come up with something better." There is no requirement to provide any alternative proposal whatsoever --- whether vague or specific, real or potential, conceptual or concrete --- merely to justify opposing this PEP.

--
Brendan Barnwell
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go, instead, where there is no path, and leave a trail."