-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Dilwyn Jones
Sent: 17 April 2007 09:27
To: QL Users List
Subject: [ql-users] new hard disk

OK, I give up. How do you get Windows XP to format a new second hard
disk?

I uninstalled the old drive D:\, switched off, restarted, the New
Hardware Wizard found the new drive and it's now listed as drive D:\
in
Device Manager.

Now, how do I format it? It doesn't appear in My Computer etc. -
normally you can right click on a drive name and get the context menu
to offer a format command.

It's almost as if it's not recognised because it's not formatted, but
of course that gives a catch 22 of not being able to format a new hard
disk because
it's not already formatted, so I guess I'm missing some simple course
of action here???

Also tried from DOS command line, FORMAT D: just gives "drive not
recognised" error

F***ing Windoze! (That stood for Flaming, by the way, in case anyone
thought otherwise!)

This new 250GB drive is to be the home for all my QL stuff, a full
backup of drive C:\  and my music (that way Windoze can do what it
likes with the C:\ drive.)