[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Morning Dilwyn,
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
>> OK, I give up. How do you get Windows XP to format a new second hard
>> disk?
>>

> I suspect that you need to partition the drive before Windows can use it. I
> beleieve that fdisk (fdisc maybe) is your 'friend'.
>
> Try fdisk d: in a command line and see what transpires.
>

> Cheers,
> Norman.

Unfortunately, fdisk doesn't work under WindowsXP because the command
line is only emulated.

You need to:

Right Click on the "My Computer" icon on the desktop.

Select "Manage" from the menu that pops up

The computer management console pops up.  On the left select the "Disk
Management" options and the right hand pane changes to display the disks
attached to your PC. Look for the one with no drive letter assigned and
then right click and "Create Partition". Follow the wizards - defaults
are fine - and there you go!