I'm impressed !

Did he / they ever do a session for John Peel ( top gear ) ?

Darren Branagh - Kingfisher Club wrote:
> Hi Roy,
>
> I sent you a private mail, surfice to say I just spent 3 hours of my

> working day enjoying that site.
>
> For those of you that don't know (and lets face it, you have to be
> fairly stupid not to) Roys life has been spent in Music - both on and

> off stage, Hes a damn good vocalist in my opinion. Hes also roadied
and
> Sound engineered for the best of them (I could name drop here but
we're
> far enough off topic already!)
>
> One of the best evenings (in fact, weekends) I ever spent was after a
QL
> meet here in Ireland when Everyone who attended had gone home, and
Roy
> and Myself had a whole day to fill. We were picking up Roys son the
> following morning, who was staying with friends of Roys near Dublin.
We
> ended up sitting drinking a lot of Beer and Red Wine on the Seafront

> near Bray, near where I used to live, with Roy telling story after
story
> of his roadie days - hilarious all of them. Really enjoyable day.
>
> I always Said he should write a book.

Indeed he should.

You may not know that he is trying to re-form his old band.  The last
heard was that all he need was a drummer.

This was far from an ordinary band.  Dressing up (and sometimes down)
was the key, and Roy (and the rest?) had some amazing outfits.  One
getup involved a (real?) chainsaw.

http://www.woodenlion.com/musical_history.htm

Tony

- --
QBBS (QL fido BBS 2:257/67) +44(0)1442-828255
       [EMAIL PROTECTED]     http://firshman.co.uk
Voice: +44(0)1442-828254 Fax: +44(0)1442-828255 Skype: tonyfirshman

The contents of this email are confidential to the intended recipient.
It may not be disclosed to or used by anyone other than the addressee, nor may
it be copied in any way. If received in error, please contact the company on
01793-715380, then delete it from your system. Please note neither the company
nor the sender accepts any responsibility for viruses and it is your
responsibility to scan attachments (if any) for viruses.
No contract may be concluded on behalf of the company by means of email
communications.

BC Services (UK) Limited (trading as Boxclever), Technology House,
Ampthill Road, Bedford, MK42 9QQ.  Registered No. 5290544 England

 www.boxclever.co.uk