On 29/01/2011 06:47, Timothy Swenson wrote:
Part of the reason the uQLx has not been so seamless is that it supports a variety of Unix systems on a variety of CPU's. To make it seamless, a version would have to be compiled for a variety of Unix flavors, including a variety of Linux flavors (and the different install packages). The first time I tried uQLx, I had it running under IRIX on a Mips R5000 chip (not very common).

I think the best that can be hoped for is for the QL-on-a-stick for Linux would support only the x386 platform and not the other chip sets that Linux supports.

I can assist with the testing as I can get a hold of a number of Linux systems (probably all Red Hat), but I do have access to a VMware system that might have other Linux images.

Tim Swenson
Where can I get to from the x386 platform; not on the West Coast Main line I'm sure?

Bryan H