On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 2:09 PM, Tony Firshman <t...@firshman.co.uk> wrote:

> On 14 Feb 2011, at 20:01, Plastic <plasticu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> <snip>

> every
> operation...

> new

> be
> >> replaced?
> >>
> >> ( ... and why are you not yet living Texas time - it is 2am (8-)#   )
> >

> > That is exactly what I was describing ;) A simple adaptor card to a
> CR2032
> > socket, and a CR2032 battery.
> Ah sorry.
> 3 years though seems a mite short. I wonder if there is a more beefier
> battery that is thin enough - or maybe a chargeable one?

There is, but it has 50% higher capacity and costs $12 instead of $0.99 at
the supermarket. I said three years as a minimum. It's quite possible that
it would last 5-6-7 years - I'm just being very conservative. Also, the
CR2032socket in bulk is under $1, but the socket for the CR2045 is $7.80 in
bulk.

I think people will happily pay $15-20 for a 3-5 year battery change at 99p
than pay $25-$30 for an extra couple of years. Also, changing the CR2032
batteries is so easy... 15 seconds, including removing and re-inserting the
card.

Dave