On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 4:59 PM, Rich Mellor <r...@rwapservices.co.uk>wrote:

> On 14/02/2011 22:53, Plastic wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 3:51 PM, Phil Kett<pk...@genesis-midi.com>
>>  wrote:

>>> many
>>> amigas destroyed by acid from leaky rechargeables!
>>>
>>> GC and SGC are scarce enough these days as it is - imagine how bad it
>>> would
>>> be if they'd had a rechargeable battery on them....
>>>

>> Okay, I have looked at the parts, PCB design and got a couple of quotes
>> for
>> PCB manufacture. As a rough guide, it looks like the retail price from a
>> trader would be around $20 (€14.83, £12.50) to $25 (€18.54, £15.60) if I
>> made 100.
>>
>> Lead free, gold contacts, includes quality CR2032 battery. Requires
>> soldering four pins to install (or ship your card off for a nominal fee if
>> you're not confident to do this). You may need to change the battery out
>> once every 5 years or so. You can buy CR2032 batteries at your local
>> supermarket.
>>
>> What is the interest in this part?
>>
>> Dave
>>

>>  There is probably enough QL user interest for 30-50 batteries that I know
> of.  Could the pins not be ready soldered, so that it is just a direct plug
> in replacement ?

I didn't notice it was socketed and thought it was soldered to the board and
those were spacers *laughs*

I will have to locate some pins or leads that fit the socket, but yes, Rich
is correct: no soldering required.

I am prepared to commit to making a batch of 100 if I see any other signs of
interest in addition to Rich's observation...

Dave