On Thu, 23 Apr 2020 23:42:31 +0200, Peter Graf via Ql-Users wrote:

> Fabrizio Diversi via Ql-Users wrote:
> > -    As a slave I have a 4 GB Toshiba SD HC with a CF adapter Type II.
>
> Ah! Very good idea! With the right passive CF-IDE adapters, those might
> not suffer the same problem as the SD-IDE converters, which allow no
> slave.

I'm afraid things are not *that* simple... :-(

Based on Fabrizio's report, I bought and tried this adapter:
https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B06XD8ZP1P

Sadly, when plugged into the IDE to CF Card adapter (duly configured as
a slave and which does cause a genuine CF Card to indeed behave as an
IDE slave device when plugged in this adapter), the SDHC+CF card adapter
combo behaves like if it is alone on the IDE bus, masking any other
device connected to it (in my case, an IDE HD configured as master).

I also tried to configure the IDE-CF adapter as master and the DD as
slave, but the DD is still not seen on the bus when the SDHC+CF card
adapter combo is plugged into the IDE-CF Card adapter.

I returned that device today since it's of no use at all to me...

If Fabrizio could quote the brand and model of his working SDHC to CF
card adapter, it would save us a lot of troubles finding one that works
as intended...

Thierry.