Hi,

> I could be wrong, and for sure I am, but I noted that smsq/e 3.36b in
> eprom boots in an instant and I  suspect that smsq/e 3.36 start so fast
> that sometime for unknown reasons hangs before the boot, this explain
> the few hangs I have.

Apart from spinning up mechanical drives, I don't quite understand why a
faster boot would create any problems. And you said you boot from a CF card.

If it is the drives, well, that's the problem Thierry has mentioned. The
version you have should have the option to delay the boot process for a
few seconds (in the WIN config section). If you wait a bit there, does
that make a difference (when you get the new Eproms) ?

Wolfgang